Girls on the Run of Eau Claire County
Girls on the Run is a transformational physical activity based positive youth development program for girls in 3rd-5th grade. We teach life skills through dynamic interactive lessons and running games. The program culminates with the girls being physically and emotionally prepared to complete a celebratory 5k running event. The goal of the program is to unleash confidence through accomplishment while establishing a lifetime appreciation of health and fitness.
We use the power of running to provide girls with the tools to:
- Recognize our power and responsibility to be intentional in our decision making
- Embrace our differences and find strength in our connectedness
- Express joy, optimism and gratitude through our words, thoughts and actions
- Nurture our physical, emotional and spiritual health
- Lead with an open heart and assume positive intent
- Stand up for ourselves and others
We use exercise, positive reinforcement, and encouraging role models to help girls discover the confidence they need in those critical pre-teen years and beyond. Through interactive activities such as running, playing games, and discussing important issues, participants learn how to celebrate being their unique and real selves. Our hope is that every girl believes and can say, "I belong just the way I am."
Watch GOTR International's 2014 Promotional Video
How You Can Help Support GOTR-EC
Girls on the Run of Eau Claire County, Inc., is a 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organization. Your contribution is tax deductible to the extent allowable by federal law, and will help us provide our program to every girl, regardless of income.
- By Your Donations
- Make a tax-deductible donation online today!
- By Shopping Online
- Running is a powerful tool, one that we use to help young girls learn life skills. Shopping is another powerful tool, one that thanks to Goodshop.com you can use to raise money for our organization just by shopping for your favorite items online! You will have access to thousands of coupons and promotions, all while Goodshop donates to Girls on the Run up to 20% of what you spend. Buy anything you want, including custom phone cases from Vistaprint, maternity clothing from Old Navy and outdoor furniture from Pottery Barn. The moment you sign up and choose Girls on the Run of Eau Claire County as your cause, you will enjoy shopping, saving, and giving, so start today! Learn more about Goodshop...
- By Searching the Web
- GoodSearch will donate money to Girls On The Run Eau Claire County every time you search the internet! Learn more about GoodSearch...
- By Joining SoleMates
- Join SoleMates, the adult charity running program of Girls on the Run! Joining SoleMates is a great way for you to make a difference for Girls on the Run of Eau Claire County. You can walk, run, or bike in any event of your choice and raise funds for our organization. With your support, the message of health and wellness that Girls on the Run brings will continue to spread and grow. Learn more about SoleMates...
Special Thanks To Our Grant Donors
Girls on the Run in the News
- Apr 1, 2015
- "Fleet Female Feet", GOTREC article in Volume One magazine. Read now...
- Mar 12th, 2015
- GOTREC 2-part Interview with Judy Clark on WEAU's Community Calendar! Watch now...
- Jan 9th, 2015
- GOTR Interview with Heidi on WQOW Channel 18!
- Jan 8th, 2015
- GOTR Interview on MomsEveryday, 6:58 AM on WEAU Channel 13!
- Jan 2015
- Article "Running Toward Empowerment - How Looking Back Moves Them Ahead" in Queen of the Castle Magazine. Read more...
- Dec 27, 2014
- GOTR in the Leader Telegram Read more...
- Feb 2014
- GOTR in Queen of the Castle Magazine. Read more...
- Feb 10, 2014
- Girls on the Run hosts Health Night. (WEAU News) Read more...
- Feb 4, 2014
- Today Interview: Girls on the Run. (WEAU News) Read more...
- May 22, 2013
- Mind Over Body. (WEAU News) Read more...
- March 23, 2012:
- After-school Running Program Teaches Girls Self Respect. (WQOW News) Read more...
- June 28, 2011
- Girls on the Run featured on NBC Making A Difference Series! Sonali Rajan, a Girls on the Run coach for Girls on the Run of Manhattan, was featured along with her team of GOTR girls on the NBC Nightly News series Making a Difference! (NBC News) Read more...
- April 26, 2011
- Running program builds girls' confidence and self respect. (WEAU News) Read more...