Welcome to Girls on the Run of Eau Claire County!
Girls on the Run is a life-changing, character development program for girls in 3rd through 8th grade. Our mission is to inspire girls to be joyful, healthy and confident using a fun, experience-based curriculum which creatively integrates running. We envision a world where every girl knows and activates her limitless potential and is free to boldly pursue her dreams.
We use the power of running to provide girls with the tools to:
- Recognize our power and responsibility to be intentional in our decision making
- Embrace our differences and find strength in our connectedness
- Express joy, optimism and gratitude through our words, thoughts and actions
- Nurture our physical, emotional and spiritual health
- Lead with an open heart and assume positive intent
- Stand up for ourselves and others
The Girls on the Run of Eau Claire County is an affiliate council of Girls on the Run International, founded in 1996, by Molly Barker, a visionary, Ironman triathlete. Today, there are nearly 160 locations across the U.S. & Canada, with new locations added each year. Girls on the Run combines training for our annual 5k running event with healthy living education. We use exercise, positive reinforcement, and encouraging role models to help girls discover the confidence they need in those critical pre-teen years and beyond. Through interactive activities such as running, playing games, and discussing important issues, participants learn how to celebrate being their unique and real selves. Our hope is that every girl believes and can say, "I belong just the way I am."
Watch GOTR International's 2014 Promotional Video
How You Can Help Support GOTR-EC
Girls on the Run of Eau Claire County, Inc., is a 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organization. Your contribution is tax deductible to the extent allowable by federal law, and will help us provide our program to every girl, regardless of income.
- By your donations
Make a tax-deductible donation online today!
- By searching the web
GoodSearch will donate money to GOTR-EC every time you search the internet!
- By joining SoulMates
- Join SoleMates, the adult charity running program of Girls on the Run! Joining SoleMates is a great way for you to make a difference for Girls on the Run of Eau Claire County. You can walk, run, or bike in any event of your choice and raise funds for our organization. With your support, the message of health and wellness that Girls on the Run brings will continue to spread and grow.
Girls on the Run in the News
- Feb 2014
- GOTR in Queen of the Castle Magazine. Read more...
- Feb 10, 2014
- Girls on the Run hosts Health Night. (WEAU News) Read more...
- Feb 4, 2014
- Today Interview: Girls on the Run. (WEAU News) Read more...
- May 22, 2013
- Mind Over Body. (WEAU News) Read more...
- March 23, 2012:
- After-school Running Program Teaches Girls Self Respect. (WQOW News) Read more...
- June 28, 2011
- Girls on the Run featured on NBC Making A Difference Series! Sonali Rajan, a Girls on the Run coach for Girls on the Run of Manhattan, was featured along with her team of GOTR girls on the NBC Nightly News series Making a Difference! (NBC News) Read more...
- April 26, 2011
- Running program builds girls' confidence and self respect. (WEAU News) Read more...
Check out our founder Molly Barker's website!
Copyright © 2014 - Girls on the Run of Eau Claire County